Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

My shop is 36x56 the trusses are 4 ft oc and do not have the…

Customer Question
My shop is 36x56...

My shop is 36x56 the trusses are 4 ft oc and do not have the load capacity to allow for insulation and metal ceiling .my thought is a center header the full length any thoughts on sizing ? I would like to go with only two vertical supports

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Is there anything else important you think the Structural Engineer should know?

5inch concrete floor 6inches Fiberglas insulation metal ceiling at .65 lbs psft

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
3/29/2018
Structural Engineer: walkereng, Consultant replied 3 months ago
walkereng
walkereng, Consultant

I can help

Can you draw me a quick cross section so I can make sure I understand your configuration?

There is a button on the Chat Window that allows you to attach files.

Let me know when you come back online

1. So your trusses are spanning the 36' direction, correct?

2. If you want to add a support beam under your trusses, it would have to be under a vertical member in the truss. Will there be a vertical truss member right above where the proposed beams will go?

3. Do you have any pictures of your truss configuration, from a little way back, so I can see how the truss internal members are configured?