Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

My foundation was meant to have a ceiling height of 10ft...I…

Customer Question
My foundation was meant...

My foundation was meant to have a ceiling height of 10ft...I realized that it was designed for only an 8ft ceiling. Along the way changes were made to the height inorder to expedite

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

The job...my question is this: curbing was put in very early in the piece ..would that be affected by any changes to the foundation ceiling height

Tutor's Assistant: Is there anything else the Structural Engineer should be aware of?

I dont think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
3/29/2018
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 4 months ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Hello
Curbing in the basement?
Sorry I should have been more clear...curbing in the parking lot. I was told that it was too high and had to be redone. Would that have had anything to do with changing the ceiling height of the foundation?
It really shouldn’t. Anything that’s going on outside of house shouldn’t have an impact on where your floor levels are sat inside the house.
This is a new commercial building.Its not so much the curbing having an impact on the foundation changes as the foundation changes impacting the curbing if at all..

The height of the basement should not impact any curb height outside the building.