Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

Over the last few days my single storey home with timber…

Customer Question
Over the last few...

Over the last few days my single storey home with timber floors throughout continually shakes/vibrates. There are no new cracks on the walls

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

I have lived in the home for 20 years and have never experienced this. My home is about 60 years old. The tremors/vibration started a few months ago and was intermitent and mainly at night.

Tutor's Assistant: Is there anything else the Structural Engineer should be aware of?

The last 2 days the movements have been constant, I do not know who is the best person to contact. I have looked at acoustic engineer or structural engineer?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
3/26/2018
Structural Engineer: walkereng, Consultant replied 3 months ago
walkereng
walkereng, Consultant

I would have a structural engineer come out and see if they can experience the same shaking and vibration that you are experiencing. If they experience it, they should be able to help you pinpoint the origin of the shaking/vibration.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

If you feel you have received a satisfactory answer to your question, please click the Rating button that is appropriate. Experts are credited for each adequately Rated answer they provide. If you have additional questions, please let me know. Thanks