walkereng
walkereng, Consultant
Experience:  Over 30 years of Structural Engineering experience.
61772417

I am doing an addition and adding 2 walls. The city has

Customer Question

I am doing an addition and adding 2 walls. The city has asked for a lateral analysis of the wall and has given me a formula to follow per 2015NDS if I give you the formula can you fill it in?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 1 month. It has been holding up my buildig permit.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, I am a contractor and have never been asked for this before from a plan checker firm.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The plan checker sent me the formula that I can send to you, I could also send you the plans electronically if that is needed.
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 7 months ago.

I can do the lateral analysis. I would need to submit a premium service offer, though, and we can't stamp anything through this site. Please send me the information so I can submit the offer for you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you send me your email and will send you the formula that needs to be filled out.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Here is the formula