Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

Can you tell me roughly how many cars can park on a flat lot…

Can you tell me roughly...
Can you tell me roughly how many cars can park on a flat lot 135' front x 105' back?
The attachment shows lot 23, 24 and 25
The lots are actually a little smaller:
638-190-23-00 4,112'
638-190-24-00 4,430'
638-190-25-00 4,134'
----------
12,676' Total
3/21/2018
walkereng
walkereng, Consultant

I can help.

Let me take a look at your information and I will get back with you shortly.

Is it possible to build a parking structure? 0 setbacks and 65 ft height limit

My assumptions are:

24' wide isles

9' wide by 19' deep parking spots

Results:

One row of head in parking (9'x19') along the back 135' of lot = 15 spots

One 24' travel aisle

One middle row of parking (9'x19') with aisle at each end = 9 spots

One 24' travel aisle

One front row of parking (9'x19') with entrance aisle at each end (off street) = 9 spots

This gives you a total of 33 surface parking spots.

On your second question, this lot is way too small for any kind of parking structure.

If you feel you have received a satisfactory answer to your question, please click the Rating button that is appropriate. Experts are credited for each adequately Rated answer they provide. If you have additional questions, please let me know. Thanks

walkereng
walkereng, Consultant

Good Luck with your project!