How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask walkereng Your Own Question
walkereng, Consultant
Category: Structural Engineering
Satisfied Customers: 2882
Experience:  Over 30 years of Structural Engineering experience.
Type Your Structural Engineering Question Here...
walkereng is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in a town home. Over the course of a few years our

Customer Question

Hi There! I live in a town home. Over the course of a few years our kitchen and living room (which are located below ground-level) have flooded a couple of times in very heavy rains when the gutters overflowed; we've installed a larger downspout but I am not convinced that it will fix the problem; when we have heavy rains the gutters don't just overflow a little; they seem to bear the brunt of the entire row of the six town homes on our line; this causes huge amounts of water to flow over our downspout; this water can quickly begin to pool in our backyard and ultimately can flood our kitchen which is below ground; So, assuming my problem is bigger than simply installing a new downspout, my question is: what type of expert is equipped to handle this type of situation?
JA: OK. Is there anything else important you think the Structural Engineer should know?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 8 months ago.
Hello. I can help
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 8 months ago.

You should have a civil engineer visit your property to observe and advise.