walkereng
walkereng, Consultant
Experience:  Over 30 years of Structural Engineering experience.
61772417

I live in a town home. Over the course of a few years our

Customer Question

Hi There! I live in a town home. Over the course of a few years our kitchen and living room (which are located below ground-level) have flooded a couple of times in very heavy rains when the gutters overflowed; we've installed a larger downspout but I am not convinced that it will fix the problem; when we have heavy rains the gutters don't just overflow a little; they seem to bear the brunt of the entire row of the six town homes on our line; this causes huge amounts of water to flow over our downspout; this water can quickly begin to pool in our backyard and ultimately can flood our kitchen which is below ground; So, assuming my problem is bigger than simply installing a new downspout, my question is: what type of expert is equipped to handle this type of situation?
JA: OK. Is there anything else important you think the Structural Engineer should know?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 8 months ago.
Hello. I can help

You should have a civil engineer visit your property to observe and advise.