Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

I am working on an addition for my cabin and need to know…

Second opinion] I am working...
Second opinion] I am working on an addition for my cabin and need to know the size beams I will use for the floors and ceiling. Can you help me calculate that please? Thanks! Rob
3/1/2018
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Hello. I can help.
What is the span of the beam? What is the joist length on each side of the beam? Will it support one floor or two? What about in attic
Here's a copy of the latest plan...Thanks for getting back to me!
What's your name? I'm Rob in Seattle

I'm Steve. Which beam is it on the plan. I see several called out.

The ones in the addition (LR and Kitchen area)
I just want to double check what we have spec'd with what you recommend.

I can size one beam as this question or I can submit a premium service offer to size both.

We have it figured out now, but thanks for getting back to me.

No problem. Good luck with your project. Please make sure it's sized by an engineer.

StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant