Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

I have a 2X6 foot table made or 3/4 inch maple plywood

Customer Question
I have a 2X6...

I have a 2X6 foot table made or 3/4 inch maple plywood supported at the corners. How much weight can it hold at the center?

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

I’m building a table and need to decide if supporting it at the corners is enough or if I need support at the center of the 6 feet long sides as well. I’m building the legs out of 1” black iron pipe.

Tutor's Assistant: Is there anything else the Structural Engineer should be aware of?

I don’t think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
1/7/2018
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 7 months ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Hello. I can help
Right now it's a 2'x6' sheet with four legs supports?
I have a 2X6 foot table made or 3/4 inch maple plywood supported at the corners. How much weight can it hold at the center? I’m building a table and need to decide if supporting it at the corners is enough or if Ineed support at the center of the 6 feet long sides as well. I’m building the legs out of 1” black iron pipe.
I’m getting ready to attach the legs and before I did I thought I would check how much it would support. It’s going to be a conference room table in an office