Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

I was wondering if a 4x8x20 LvL beam what the load limits…

Customer Question
I was wondering if...

I was wondering if a 4x8x20 LvL beam what the load limits are?

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

I want to hide the duct work so I thought about putting it up in the floor joists but they are only 2x8s

Tutor's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Structural Engineer should know?

It’s not bearing at the point where I want to use the LvL , and the reason I wanna stay with the 8” is because I don’t want it lower than the ceiling, it would look like a out of place beam then.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
1/5/2018
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 6 months ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Hello. I can help
Are you asking about this as a beam or a joist?