Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

I need a beam size for a 18' beam. it is a ceiling beam. the…

Customer Question
Hello. I need a...

Hello. I need a beam size for a 18' beam . it is a ceiling beam . the span on one side is 12' with ceiling joist at 16" OC. The other side span is 14' with ceiling joist 16"on center. The roof pitch is 3/12 and the location is 76901 San Angelo , TX

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Is there anything else important you think the Structural Engineer should know?

Attic space is limited @27"

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
1/5/2018
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 6 months ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Hello. I can help.
Is this supporting and attic only? Is it a storage attic?
No storage in attic. Just space between ceiling and roof

You can plan for two 1.75" x 11.875" 1.9E LVL

or

four 1.75" x 9.5" 1.9E LVL

Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 5 months ago

Hello. Do you have any other questions for me on this topic? If you could rate my answer, I would appreciate it.