Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

I have a center load bearing wall 7 ft and then a double 2x8…

Customer Question
HI I have a...

HI I have a center load bearing wall 7 ft long and then a double 2x8 header in the ceiling carrying a 10 ft span to the outside side wall, single story. I want to cover that whole 17 ft with an i-beam 3.5 inches wide , what height and Web thickness can I get away with

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Is there anything else the Structural Engineer should be aware of?

Snow load would be for Delaware

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
12/28/2017
Structural Engineer: walkereng, Consultant replied 7 months ago
walkereng
walkereng, Consultant

I can help

Can you take a look at the following link and answer the questions at the bottom of the sheet? Your answers will allow me to accurately model the loading and size your beam. Thanks

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3LjUB_rxIbcNVlreGljdFZUZ3kxTHhvVDFnRV9uQQ

Let me know when you come back online

Can you please resend me that link

I can help

For some reason I am not able to open that link

Try this attachment

Hi Single story with crawl space, floor and ceiling joists running from front to back. They are 16Ft. 2x8's to 12Ft 2x8's. The total span is 19ft. 9ft of that is supporting wall that I want to eliminate to open the whole room. I live in Wilmington De 19803. I also have a maximum width of the beam I can use is 4inches.
Are you still there