Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

Structural Engineering

I need to fit a load bearing beam of 14 feet and am trying…

Customer Question
HI I need to...

HI I need to fit a load bearing beam of 14 feet and am trying to identify what size I need

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

I am taking out a load bearing wall I have five uprights I am going to remove and need to replace it with a beam and two upright support beams

Tutor's Assistant: Is there anything else the Structural Engineer should be aware of?

I am working on the external wall and it has its own support wall for the floor

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
12/26/2017
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 2 months ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Hello
What is the beam supporting?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
a roof on the side wall of a house
walkereng
walkereng
walkereng, Consultant