Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

I want to remove a load bearing wall that separates two

Customer Question
I want to remove...

I want to remove a load bearing wall that separates two rooms. The wall is 7 feet and the span is 22 feet. What size beam would I need?

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

I want to hide the beam in the ceiling joists. This is for a single story home. There is an attic above the wall I want to remove. The roof trusses are 2x6.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
12/19/2017
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 7 months ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Hello. I can help
Is it a storage attic or a non storage attic?
What is the joist length on each side of the beam?
Non storage attic. 11’ on each side for a total span of 22’.

And the beam is also going to span 22'?

Do you want wood or steel?

Wood. Read first correspondence for dimensions.