Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

I need to know what size LVL beam I need to remove a load…

Customer Question
I need to know...

I need to know what size LVL beam I need to remove a load bearing wall

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

I want to remove a load bearing wall of my single story home. The wall has openings on both sides and separates my living room and kitchen. It’s 8 feet tall and 7.5 feet long.

Tutor's Assistant: Is there anything else the Structural Engineer should be aware of?

I don’t think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/18/2017
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 7 months ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Hello
Hi
You want The beam to span 7.5 feet?
Will it support the attic only?
What is the joist length on each side of the beam?
Correct. I want it to span 7.5 feet. It will only support the attic. The joists are 10 feet and 13 feet.
You can plan for a double 2 x 10 doug fir number two
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 6 months ago

Hello. Do you have any other questions for me on this topic? If you could rate my answer, I would appreciate it.