Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

I have a reno project where i need to remove a 13ft load…

Customer Question
I have a reno...

I have a reno project where i need to remove a 13ft load bearing wall on the first floor. there is a 14ft joist span on one side and a 12 ft joist span on the other. attic is all trusses. how many ply lvl will i need. to recess into ceiling joist. joist are 2x10

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Is there anything else the Structural Engineer should be aware of?

At one side the beam will be supported directly to foundation and other side will be on a 6x14" beam in basement 2' from loly column

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
12/17/2017
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 8 months ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Hello. I can help.
Can I get back to you in an hour?
the wall is 13' so beam span is just shy of 14'
hey any luck on that beam size?
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 7 months ago

Good morning. You can plan for two 1.75" x 11.25" 2.0E LVL without ceramic tile and four if you have ceramic tile

i need to recess in to the ceiling and tyko all joist so the depth cant be greater the 9.25". so seems like do a 3 ply 2.0 lvl at 1.75" × 9.25" should be good?