Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

What size I Beam would I need to support a 14ft span load…

Customer Question
What size I Beam...

What size I Beam would I need to support a 14ft span load bearing wall in a 1 1/2 story home?

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

Wanting to remove a wall in my house that is 14ft load bearing, I wanted to use an I Beam so we don't have such a big header.

Tutor's Assistant: Is there anything else the Structural Engineer should be aware of?

It It's a 1 1/2 story home so we have that weight to worry about.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
We are wanting to take out a 14ft load bearing wall and possibly a connecting 12ft load bearing wall. We would weld the 2 I Beams just not sure how big I Beames would need to be to support the weight of a 1 1/2 story home.
12/13/2017
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 8 months ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Hello
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 7 months ago

I apologize for the technical difficulty. I posted a couple questions that don't seem to be here. Let me know if you still need help.