Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

I need a laminated beam to span and support 24 feet to build…

Customer Question
I need a laminated...

I need a laminated beam to span and support 24 feet to build a rubber roof with double 2 x 10 joists, 16" OC (576 square feet) off of the front of my existing garage, Existing garage is constructed with block, brick with steel beam with steel beam header; laminated beam to be supported at either end with 6" x 6" wooden posts

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Is there anything else the Structural Engineer should be aware of?

The actual size of the roof to be 24' x 24'; the laminated beam will be placed 20 feet away from the garage with posts support

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
12/12/2017
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 7 months ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Hello. I can help
the joists will be 12 feet on each side of the beam in this beam will spend 24 feet?What is the city and state so I can look at Snow loading?