Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

There is a three story house framed stucco exterior with…

Customer Question
There is a three...

There is a three story house wood framed stucco exterior with three rooms stacked each over the other. the first floor room is 25' wide and 19.5' deep divided into two rooms 19.5' deep and about 12.5' wide. The floor joists are 2"x10"x12.5' running 12.5' lengths connecting to a 4"x12"x20' beam sitting atop a 2"x4" wall in joist hanggers 16The second floor is one large room 25' wide 19.5' deep. the third floor room is divided just like the first floor. two rooms at 19.5' deep and 12.5' wide.

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Is there anything else important you think the Structural Engineer should know?

Floor joists are 16" on center.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
12/10/2017
Structural Engineer: walkereng, Consultant replied 8 months ago
walkereng
walkereng, Consultant

I can help

What is your actual question? Do you need a beam sized?