Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

What lvl beam i need for span 26' Is the span of second

Customer Question
What lvl beam i...

What lvl beam i need for span 26'

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

Is the span of second floor the long is 26' and 15' wide is a beam foor second floor

Tutor's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Structural Engineer should know?

One wall is exterior and the other is interior i think that 16" ivl and 6x6 colum is ok

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
here is the drawin of the house
12/7/2017
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 8 months ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Hello.
I can size one beam for you at jos question. Or I can submit a premium service offer for whatever you need
hi
I paid 48 caould you give me the info or how is working this
I can size one beam as this question. Which do you prefer?
I send you the drawin in pdf
i ust need that you tell me what size of beam i need
is one beam is the beam that souport the second floor the span is 26' betwen colum ans soport a floor joist of 15 ' wide
You referenced two different beams in the original question
There is no framing laid out on the drawings you sent
no is just one beam check the drawings is the black rectangul in the main floor
you dont need the framing the question is so simplethe long of the span is 26' one colum is in the exterior wall and another colum is in a internal wall the beam will souport the second floor the i josit runing from the beam to the exterior wall in 15' the foundation is a slab on grave 8 " thiknes
I need to know what the joist length is on each side?
How many floors, roof, attic on each side.
Any ceramic tile?
is just one side the joist from the beam to the exterior wall if you see the drawing the joist runing to the rigth side , the house is just two floor no basement is slabe on grave , no attic and the ceramic will de just in the bathroom , the house in the main floor have social areas and the in the left side is three rooms let side center opern and rigth side is were we need the beam
sorry you will give some answer or not ?
if you dont answer me in before noon i will cancel your payment in pay pal sorry .
You locked me out of the question last night
You will need four 1.75" x 24" 2.0E LVL with ceramic tile or
Four 1.75" x 18" 2.0E LVL without ceramic tile
Thanks