Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

My home is ~ 40 years old. Over the years, multiple

Customer Question
foundation companies have done repairs...
My home is ~ 40 years old. Over the years, multiple foundation companies have done repairs. I am hoping to find a professional who can come to my home to assess/recommend what foundation repairs are needed before yet another repair company tell me about how thier work is no longer warrantied because it was purchased by another company.Can someone direct me to find what sort of professional (who is not hitched to a local foundation repair company) I need to help me know what needs to be repaired and how it needs to be repaired.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
11/29/2017
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 7 months ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Hello. I can help
Is $34 in addition to the $45 I agreed to initially? If we don't speak on the phone, how would you communicate with me?
I received an email indication someone has answered my question and my card has been charged the full amount but I haven't seen a response of any sort as yet.....
waiting for some sort of reponse!!!!
I apologize for the delay. Was the initial charge $45?
You will definitely want to hire a structural engineer who works for you. He will be able to assess the problem and guide you to the most cost-effective solution. If you bring in a foundation contractor, even if he has his own engineer, you may not get the most cost-effective solution.
$45 if I am satisfied with the answer.
In my original question I indicated I hoped to "find" a professional. Can someone tell me how to find a structural engineer in central Texas
again waiting for some sort of reponse!!!!
Am I wasting my time looking for completion to the answer of my original question?
I had to take a phone call. For what you need you will want a smaller one/two man shop
Google structural engineer in your town and look for a small firm. They will be better equipped to help you
Thank you for your response. I will continue to try to locate a structural engineer in our area!!! I hoped you would have some sort of professional link to help me find one. It is soooo frustrating!
If you tell me your location, I can look for someone