Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

What is the limit for steel I beams in residential

Customer Question
What is the limit...

What is the limit for steel I beams in residential application. Specifically, a two story house , (3100 square feet) with a 23’ wide maximum depth front to back of house. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, ***** *****

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Is there anything else important you think the Structural Engineer should know?

I don’t think so nkm

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
11/27/2017
Structural Engineer: walkereng, Consultant replied 7 months ago
walkereng
walkereng, Consultant
Can I get back with you a little later this evening?
I cannot talk on the phone

Sorry for the delay.

Can you take a look at the following link and answer the questions at the bottom of the sheet? Your answers will allow me to accurately model the loading and size your beam. Thanks

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3LjUB_rxIbcNVlreGljdFZUZ3kxTHhvVDFnRV9uQQ

Let me know if you still need help