Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

Does putting insulation under the garage floor slab really…

Does putting insulation under...

Does putting insulation under the garage floor slab really help with the floor temperature?

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

We are building a 750 sq ft garage in the KC area. We have insulated around the perimeter of the foundation. We are now thinking about insulating under the garage concrete floor slab. Does it help to keep the concrete warmer in the winter?

11/20/2017
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Hello. I can help
Will the space be heated or no?
we will have heat and air in the building.
Have not seen any more answers, only response for more money for your services
If the space will be conditioned, then you will see some benefit from the underslab insulation,
Heat tubes in the slab are becoming more popular
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Thanks