Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

What load capacity has a 6X6 wide flange over 20 feet? I…

Customer Question
What load capacity has...

What load capacity has a 6X6 wide flange over 20 feet ?

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

I wannt to replace a wooden support in an old house with a steel wide flange . the wooden sports run 12 feet but to create more aarea i want to put in steel wideflange beam to eliminet some uprights

Tutor's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Structural Engineer should know?

Not really there is other suports neal

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
11/19/2017
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 8 months ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant

Hello. I can help.

There are three 6 x 6 I beams. What is it? W6x15, W6x20, or W6x25?

Will it support any ceramic tile?