walkereng
walkereng, Consultant
Experience:  Over 30 years of Structural Engineering experience.
61772417

I am trying to figure out what size i beam to use for a

Customer Question

i am trying to figure out what size i beam to use for a staircase , can u help? JA: Is there anything else important you think the Structural Engineer should know? Customer: total rise from 1st step to last is 10' and over a span of 15'

on the beam i want to weld a 1/4" stair tread support plate that will hold up a 21/4" limestone tread that will have an approximate size of 4'x 12"...the 1/4"plate will be 3" smaller than that stone all the way around... and there will be 13 steps

Category: Structural Engineering
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you need a drawing?
Expert:  walkereng replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a drawing you can share with me?

There is a button on the Chat Window that allows you to attach files.