Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

I am building a garage that is 16 1/2' wide and 24' 10" deep…

Customer Question
I am building a...

I am building a garage that is 16 1/2' wide and 24' 10" deep with a 3/12 pitch roof. I want to put a ridge beam in that would span the 16 1/2' and support the rafters. I need to know what size of beam to use and what size of rafters to use.

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Is there anything else important you think the Structural Engineer should know?

I was wondering if I could use a triple 2X12 for the beam

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
11/15/2017
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 9 months ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Hello. I can help. Can I get back to you in an hour?
Sure
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 8 months ago

I apologize for the technical difficulty. I posted a couple questions for you the other day, but I don't see them here.

Do you want a vaulted ceiling?

What is the city and state so I can look at snow loading?

I want a vaulted ceiling and I’m in Albuquerque, NM

You can plan for a pressure treated 5.125" x 13.5" glulam 24F-V4