Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

I'm attempting to remove a wall in my bathroom and I found a…

Customer Question
I'm attempting to remove...

I'm attempting to remove a wall in my bathroom and I found a 4x4 stud in one corner. I'm trying to determine if it is load bearing or not.

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

The wall in question comes out about four feet from an exterior wall and from what I can see does not have a joist directly above or underneath it.

Tutor's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Structural Engineer should know?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
11/14/2017
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 8 months ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Hello.
Are the joists above parallel or perpendicular?
Hi
I think typing would be suffucient
The joists are running at about a 45 degree angle from the wall