Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

I am looking for a steel beam size( structural technician) A…

Customer Question
I am looking for...

I am looking for a steel beam size( structural technician)

Tutor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A few days

Tutor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Tutor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can give you the info but there are no appliances involved . it is just a beam that supports a second floor. do you want to handle this?

Tutor's Assistant: Have you talked to a construction professional about the floor?

No. that is what I am looking for

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
Answered in 6 days by:
11/21/2017
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 7 months ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
What is the span of the beam?
What is the joist length on each side?
Will it support a single floor only?
Will it support any ceramic tile?