Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

What size steel I beam for a 90 foot span building? Building…

Customer Question
What size steel I...

What size steel I beam for a 90 foot span building?

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

Building an airplane hangar in central KS

Tutor's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Structural Engineer should know?

Clear span...

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
2/12 slope
10/6/2017
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 7 months ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Hello. I can help.
What exactly is the beams supporting? What is the length of the other roof framing and is it perpendicular or parallel?
8 inch roof perlims and 29 gauge roof panels. Perpendicular to the ibeam
What is the length of the purlins and what is the city and state so I can look at snow loading?
You will need to ensure that removing this much wall is acceptable from a lateral stability standpoint.
The purlins are 20 foot, the spacing of the I beams. The building is in Salina ks.
I don't understand what you mean by removing this much wall....
Are you still working on this?

Yes.

You can plan for a W30x116 beam ASTM A992 Gr. 50

StructuralEng
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant