Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

The concrete floor (cooking surface) on my pizza oven is…

Customer Question
The concrete floor (cooking...

The concrete floor (cooking surface) on my pizza oven is spalling. It needs a high temp smooth surface repair. Any suggestions?

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

The smooth surface is flaking leaving a rough pebbly area in several spots

Tutor's Assistant: Is there anything else the Structural Engineer should be aware of?

Replacing the whole slab is not an option. It's one piece

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
10/4/2017
Structural Engineer: walkereng, Consultant replied 10 months ago
walkereng
walkereng, Consultant

You could use a product like this:

https://www.rutland.com/p/30/dry-mix-211

It would not hurt to contact them directly and make sure this would be the best product for your application:

https://www.rutland.com/contact.php

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 10 months ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Hello

If you feel you have received a satisfactory answer to your question, please click the Rating button that is appropriate. Experts are credited for each adequately Rated answer they provide. If you have additional questions, please let me know. Thanks