Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

I /am framing a window opening of 87 inches, what size

Customer Question
I /am framing a...

I /am framing a window opening of 87 inches , what size header is required

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

I am reframing a exterior wall for a 87 inch window on the gable end of the house and need to know what size header is required ?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/29/2017
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 10 months ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Hello. I can help. Can I get back to you in a couple hours?
Will the header support a single floor? Attic? Roof?What is the joist length supported by the beam?
If it supports the roof, what is the city and state?