Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

What size header for a 46" wide window on first floor of a…

Customer Question
What size header for...

What size header for a 46" wide window on first floor of a two story house? Framing is 2x6. We thought a 6x10x6' header would work.

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

Cutting in a new window in existing house

Tutor's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Structural Engineer should know?

No. pretty standard residential project.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
9/26/2017
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 7 months ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Hello
Is it an exterior or interior wall? What is the joist length on each side?
Will it support any ceramic tile?
What is the city and state so I can look at snow loading
walkereng
walkereng
walkereng, Consultant