Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

Want to hang a concentina door from roof trusses. Spann

Customer Question
Want to hang a...

Want to hang a concentina door from roof trusses. Spann approx. 11m door weight 700kgs. What size beam will I need.

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

Need to split a function room into 2 usable rooms whilst keeping the larger room. Concentinal door will be split in the middle and hung from existing roof trusses. We have been advised that we might need to install a supporting beam. Roof truss span is approx. 14m. Door span 11m weight 700kgs.

Tutor's Assistant: Is there anything else the Structural Engineer should be aware of?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
9/25/2017
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 10 months ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant

Hello

Will the beam be hung from the trusses? Or will the beam be independent of the trusses?