StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Experience:  Structural Engineer
59685895

I live in a Kensington frame and stucco house built in,

I live in a Kensington wood frame and stucco house built in
JA: OK. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Built in 1928 and it has been retrofitted with Simpson strong ties all around the inside perimeter to fasten the house to the foundation, but the post in the middle are not retrofitted. Is it important to do so?
JA: Is there anything else the Structural Engineer should be aware of?
Customer: No
Hello
What is the post? Wood? Steel?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posts are wood 4x4s toe nailed into beams and sitting not strapped on concrete pads
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will the simpson ties on the outside perimeter keep post from moving off concrete pads?
Then that's ok, generally speaking. It should be anchored, but it's for a different reason. The other anchors are to resist lateral loading. This anchor would be for general connectivity and stability. This post will not resist any lateral loading
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Wil strapping the posts to the joists and the concrete pads below help with latteral forces?
The post won't have any lateral forces. It should be connected for general stability. Just a nominal connection
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** helps.
No problem. I'm happy to help. Good luck with your project.