Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

I am remodeling a 100 year old home bathrooms and need

Customer Question
I am remodeling a...

I am remodeling a 100 year old home bathrooms and need advise on how much extra structural support the joists underneath the tub need. the joist are two by ten and the holes( each have two two inch holes) . Carpenter suggests inch plywood of approx 4 to 5 inch by 4 feet on all 5 joists.

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Is there anything else important you think the Structural Engineer should know?

The tub weighs 250lbs and holds 60 gallons. It is cast iron and it is Kohler Tea for Two

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
9/19/2017
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 11 months ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Hello
Plywood will not to anything to help. Can you attach a picture of your condition?
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 10 months ago

Hello. Do you still need help with this question?