walkereng
walkereng, Consultant
Experience:  Over 30 years of Structural Engineering experience.
61772417

We recently flooded down here in Houston, and rather than

Customer Question

hi we recently flooded down here in Houston, and rather than raise our house, which is too expensive, I thought about adding 6-8inches of concrete onto our existing slab to raise the living area we would not change the door headers or any of the support areas, we would leave the windows as is, rework the plumbing and electrical, as we have to do this anyway for the 4 ft cutout My current slab is pier and beemed and we have anywhere from 12-16 inches of current slab as we raised our slab 18 years ago when we built the home any thoughts?
JA: OK. Is there anything else important you think the Structural Engineer should know?
Customer: cant think of it right now
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 1 month ago.
Hello
You have a slab on piers and beams?