walkereng
walkereng, Consultant
Experience:  Over 30 years of Structural Engineering experience.
61772417

I am looking to replace and extend three load-bearing beams

I am looking to replace and extend three load-bearing beams in my house during our remodel. I would like to review the changes (as much as possible) based on the pictures I took and edited to show the intended changes. My question is just about the feasibility of the changes.

I can help

The Chat Window has button that allows you to attach files

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK. Looks like I have to do it individually. I have 6 pictures, two of each beam (from one side and then the opposite side).
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
BTW, I completely understand that these are just pictures and don't show you much in the way of other structures, such as what the beam are actually supporting. I want to go off of the assumption that they are currently structurally sound and what a modification might do to that.

Sorry for the delay in reviewing your pictures.

There should be no problem with extending these header over your openings. As long as they are sized for the new opening size.

Let me know if you have any more questions

If you feel you have received a satisfactory answer to your question, please click the Rating button that is appropriate. Experts are credited for each adequately Rated answer they provide. If you have additional questions, please let me know. Thanks

Good Luck with your project!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. I talked to a few people I know who do interior design and they convinced me to leave some of the studs I was going to remove. Should make things a lot easier. Thank you for your response.

You are welcome.