Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

I have a coil 8Wx4Hx4D that weighs approx 8000lbs. Sorry,

Customer Question
I have a coil...

I have a coil 8Wx4Hx4D that weighs approx 8000lbs.

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

Sorry, sent the message too soon. I need to drag the coil across a span of 10 feet. I need to build an I beam frame to support the coil as I drag it, over an area What size steel I beams should a purchase

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
9/13/2017
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 11 months ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Hello
W5x16
ASTM A992 Ge. 50 steel
Thanks, ***** ***** I need to know is the specification for the I beam, and how much deflection I may have in the middle of the beam. The load will be distributed evenly across the beam

That is the specification for the beam. W5x16.

Hello. Do you have any other questions on this topic? If you could rate my answer, I would appreciate it.