Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

I have 14 inch floor joists, I will have travertine tiles…

Customer Question
I have 14 inch...

I have 14 inch floor joists, I will have travertine tiles installed on the floors. 6 lbs/sq. ft plus backer board plus thinset. I am worried about the weight

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

Worried over floor tile weight. 6 lbs/sq. ft, for 1900 sq ft floors

Tutor's Assistant: Is there anything else the Structural Engineer should be aware of?

The weight of the tiles

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
I just wanted to ask 1-time question, by accident I hit send on the free trial with monthly membership. How can I back out?
9/12/2017
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 11 months ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant

Hello. I can help.

What is the span and spacing of the floor joists?