Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

This is a load bearing wall. Can I replace with columns? If…

Customer Question
This is a load bearing...
This is a load bearing wall. Can I replace with columns? If yes, one or two? What will the ballpark cost be?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
9/9/2017
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 11 months ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant

Hello. I can help.

You can replace it, but you'll need columns and a properly sized beam

How many columns?
Would two suffice?
What would the cost be?

Two columns will be fine, but you also need a properly sized beam. the posts are no help without it.

The cost is something you will need to talk to a contractor about.