Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

What would make tuck pointed mortar yellow and will it "grey…

Customer Question
What would make tuck...

What would make tuck pointed mortar yellow and will it "grey out in time"

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

We've just had 20 older towne homes re tuckpointed in places The mortar is yellow not grey

Tutor's Assistant: Is there anything else the Structural Engineer should be aware of?

The subcontractor says this is due to moisture at the time of installation and will grey out in time

Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
8/20/2017
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 12 months ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Hello
Could not get a response
Can you attach a picture of the yellowed mortar?