Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

What size LVL beam do I need for an 8ft opening on the 1st…

What size LVL beam...

What size LVL beam do I need for an 8ft opening on the 1st floor of a 2 story home

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

Thinking about using 2 2x 10 LVL beams to span a non load bearing wall opening

Tutor's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Structural Engineer should know?

Floor joists are running parallel with the interior wall that is being opened up for a larger opening. The 8ft opening is replacing a 3ft opening

8/17/2017
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Hello
Is it in an interior or exterior wall?
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Interior wall
Phone call session started