walkereng
walkereng, Consultant
Experience:  Over 30 years of Structural Engineering experience.
61772417

Building 22' wide 25 deep 2 6x6 p0oles each side gable roof

Customer Question

Building 22' wide 25 deep 2 6x6 p0oles each side gable roof with metal roof . gable open 22' . 25' sides 2- 6x6 set 4' from each end
JA: OK. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: want a timber to span 22' from post to post with a support going up in center to ridge . will fill in additional raters on 2' centers with 2x4 stripping to secure metal to
JA: Is there anything else the Structural Engineer should be aware of?
Customer: Jost need timber to span 22' and what to use for top plate or timer on 25' side walls all this will sit on 4 6x6 . side wall height 8' . ridge height about 12'6" .
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  walkereng replied 2 months ago.

Could you draw me a rough sketch or send me to a picture (from the internet) of an example of the configuration you are describing?

There is a button on the Chat Window that allows you to attach files.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No cant scan ! carport in front of 2 car garage comes out from house 25 feet 22 feet wide gable in 22 foot width . poles on 25 foot sides 2 poles per side . 5 -12 pitch . will have 2 trusses 1 on each pole spanning the 22 foot . the other rafters will be 2x6 ..with metal roof . I need to know size of timbers to span the 22 foot width and the 25 foot side walls resting on 2 6x6
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
17 August 2017 12:58
No cant scan ! carport in front of 2 car garage comes out from house 25 feet 22 feet wide gable in 22 foot width . poles on 25 foot sides 2 poles per side . 5 -12 pitch . will have 2 trusses 1 on each pole spanning the 22 foot . the other rafters will be 2x6 ..with metal roof . I need to know size of timbers to span the 22 foot width for the trusses and the 25 foot side walls resting on 2 6x6

Would you like me to give you a call? You are aware that a phone call is extra money, correct?

If you want, you can draw a rough sketch and then take a close-up picture of it with your phone and attach that picture to our Chat.

Let me know.