Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

Building 22' wide 25 deep 2 6x6 p0oles each side gable roof…

Customer Question
Building 22' wide 25...

Building 22' wide 25 deep 2 6x6 p0oles each side gable roof with metal roof . gable open 22' . 25' sides 2- 6x6 set 4' from each end

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

Want a timber to span 22' from post to post with a support going up in center to ridge . will fill in additional raters on 2' centers with 2x4 stripping to secure metal to

Tutor's Assistant: Is there anything else the Structural Engineer should be aware of?

Jost need timber to span 22' and what to use for top plate or timer on 25' side walls all this will sit on 4 6x6 . side wall height 8' . ridge height about 12'6" .

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
8/17/2017
Structural Engineer: walkereng, Consultant replied 11 months ago
walkereng
walkereng, Consultant

Could you draw me a rough sketch or send me to a picture (from the internet) of an example of the configuration you are describing?

There is a button on the Chat Window that allows you to attach files.

No cant scan ! carport in front of 2 car garage comes out from house 25 feet 22 feet wide gable in 22 foot width . poles on 25 foot sides 2 poles per side . 5 -12 pitch . will have 2 trusses 1 on each pole spanning the 22 foot . the other rafters will be 2x6 ..with metal roof . I need to know size of timbers to span the 22 foot width and the 25 foot side walls resting on 2 6x6
17 August 2017 12:58
No cant scan ! carport in front of 2 car garage comes out from house 25 feet 22 feet wide gable in 22 foot width . poles on 25 foot sides 2 poles per side . 5 -12 pitch . will have 2 trusses 1 on each pole spanning the 22 foot . the other rafters will be 2x6 ..with metal roof . I need to know size of timbers to span the 22 foot width for the trusses and the 25 foot side walls resting on 2 6x6

Would you like me to give you a call? You are aware that a phone call is extra money, correct?

If you want, you can draw a rough sketch and then take a close-up picture of it with your phone and attach that picture to our Chat.

Let me know.