walkereng
walkereng, Consultant
Experience:  Over 30 years of Structural Engineering experience.
61772417

We are a manufacturing company and also do assembly work for

Customer Question

Good Morning Pearl, we are a manufacturing company and also do assembly work for our customer to be more turn key. We need to span a beam for a 1 1/2 ton trolley hoist, my span between the two exist roof support beams is 25'2". We plan to use 6" x 8" x 1/2" steel angles [2 each end] to bolt beam I place. I can send you a drawing, would need your e-mail. Looking for help to determine beam size. Question for you also is a wide flange beam or an s-beam the best recommendation for a trolley hoist? Thanks Ray ***@******.***
JA: OK. Is there anything else the Structural Engineer should be aware of?
Customer: im going to use A325 structural 3/4" bolts for end connections [12] per end. I can put more bolts per end but until I know how tall the beam is
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 2 months ago.
I can help. Can I get back to you in an hour?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 1 month ago.

Hello. I apologize for the technical difficulty. I posted this yesterday, but I don't see it here.

I can size the beam for you. Does the trolley have any flange width limitations?

Do you still need help with this?