Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

We have a defective in-ground, fiberglass storm shelter

Customer Question
We have a defective...

We have a defective in-ground, fiberglass storm shelter (8'x10'x8') in the yard. The manufacturer wants to destroy in-place rather than remove (again). It is currently full of water (6'). Their idea is to crush top 18", fill with gravel, then top with dirt. Will the water catching and holding ability of this shell cause future problems?

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Is there anything else the Structural Engineer should be aware of?

I have photos, if that helps.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/29/2017
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 11 months ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Hello
I can help. Please attach any photos you have here.
Hi
Hello... anyone there?
I'm waiting for you to attach the photos you said you have
I have attempted to send three... is there a secret way to do it :)
Try attaching with the paper clip icon
Did you get the picture?
It was sent at 31 July 2017 12:57.