Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

Just kinda looking now, was looking for a footing design for…

Customer Question
Just kinda looking now...

Just kinda looking now, was looking for a footing design for a 20' tall LED lamp post, ground is compacted. I have asked the civil engineer on the job but he seems to busy. I plan on calling several engineers Monday that I know that might be able to design a footing. The base plate on the pole is 5" x 5"

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Is there anything else the Structural Engineer should be aware of?

Not that I can think of....residential....lighting is for a Sport Court.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
7/29/2017
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 11 months ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Hello
I can help
Are you looking for a square footing or soontube footing?
Soontube
Ok. I would need a couple things.
Soil properties (or I can make a conservative assumption)
Loads imposed on footing from pole (or a cut sheet of the pole and the location so I can calc them).
I would have to submit a premium service offer to go through the analysis and design checks

Do you still need help with this?