Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

Walkereng, I am buying a 6'x8' flat trailer. How much would…

Customer Question
Customer Hi. I...

Customer Hi. I am buying a 6'x8' flat trailer. How much would you charge to draw up some plans to build a wooden structure on the trailer?

Tutor's Assistant: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.

$5? No, I'm not asking what is the price of the question. I'm asking how much wouldCustomercharge for simple plans. Thank you.

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Is there anything else the Structural Engineer should be aware of?

Is this a person or a bot?

Tutor's Assistant: I'm an assistant to the Structural Engineer. I work with them to help customers like you.

What is the next step?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Structural Engineering
3/21/2017
Structural Engineer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 1 year ago
Josie-Mod
I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when he
is back online.
Structural Engineer: walkereng, Consultant replied 1 year ago
walkereng
walkereng, Consultant

1. Can you explain, in a bit more detail, what type of structure you want to add to the trailer?

2. Do you have any pictures of your existing flat trailer that you can share with me?

There is a button on the Chat Window that allows you to attach files.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi. I have a 6'x8' flat trailer as in the picture below. I want to construct a wooden structure (similar to the other photo) and have it connect to the metal frame of the trailer. My assumption is I will need structural drawings and calcs to show that the modifications are sound. But, as I call around the various departments in the State of CA, it seems if you have a registered trailer, it's hard to find the department that reviews permit applications for modifications.

So does this drawing need an Engineering Stamp?