Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

Structural Engineering

Our home was built in 1980 in Midlothian VA It is a single

Customer Question
family 1000 sq ft our...
Our home was built in 1980 in Midlothian VA It is a single family 1000 sq ft our Problem is that our ceilings keep cracking and the conners of the walls walls have cracks in them as well. How can we fix this or have some one come our and take a look.
JA: OK. Is there anything else the structural engineer should be aware of?
Customer: When I took off the siding for a repair there was no strapping I was told there was supposed to be. there is homeosoate on the out side no plywood.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Structural Engineering
11/16/2016
Structural Engineer: walkereng, Consultant replied 1 year ago
walkereng
walkereng, Consultant

I can help

Do you have any pictures you can share with me?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No but there is a new roof and it still is happening The only other thing is the siding is masonite
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok so what's the answer?

What area of the country are you located in?

What type of foundation system do you have (slab on grade, wood floor with crawl space, etc)?

Let me know when you come back online.

walkereng
walkereng
walkereng, Consultant