Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

Structural Engineering

3 unequal span & 4 uneqhal span non-uniform loading. Maximum

Customer Question
moment 7 Reactions?...
3 unequal span & 4 uneqhal span non-uniform loading. Maximum moment 7 Reactions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Structural Engineering
7/23/2016
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 1 year ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Hello
What exactly is your question?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I paid my deposit. Can I now proceed with my question?
please. What exactly is your question?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a continuous beam (unequal spans). I want to know the reactions & maximum moment for both 3 spans or for 4 spans.
I can give you the reactions and maximum positive and negative moment for one specific condition for this question
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can I send you a sketch of the loading and spans?
Please attach here with the paper clip icon
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not see the paper clip icon. There is a pop up over your message that reads "Want to switch to a live phone call? ....."
Try uploading to mediafire.com and post the url here for me to access
I see it. You need the reactions and maximum moment correct? No calculations, just the reactions and moment?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Correct
Ok. Do you want it for the four or five support condition?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Both
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Did you get my reply? I would like it for both conditions.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are we still connected?
I did state earlier that I can provide it for one condition as this question. Even this is a lot of effort for this value question
If you want both, I can submit an additional service offer for you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
please do that.
Ok
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you proceed with the 3 span, 4 support condition first and then when the additional service is approved then proceed with the 4 span, 5 support condition?

I just submitted the offer for you.

Thank you for accepting the offer. I will provide the results shortly. I'm working on the three span condition now.

For the three span condition, the reactions from A to D, respectively, are 3.5k, 6.28k, 8.27k, and 3.01k.

The maximum Positive moment is 10.93 k-ft in the last span (C-D).
The maximum negative moment is -11.44 k-ft at support C

I'm posting them here.

I've already posted the 3 span condition

The reactions for the 4-span condition, A through E, respectively are 3.41k, 7.55k, 5.27k, 1.04k, 5.83k.

The maximum positive moment is 8.69 k-ft in the first span (A-B).

The maximum negative moment is -8.46 k-ft at support B.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Did you get my contact info?

Yes. Do you see all of the information above?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still there?

Yes, I'm here. I've posted all the information for both conditions for you.

StructuralEng
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant