How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask walkereng Your Own Question
walkereng, Consultant
Category: Structural Engineering
Satisfied Customers: 2741
Experience:  Over 30 years of Structural Engineering experience.
Type Your Structural Engineering Question Here...
walkereng is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What do I have to do to make the person on my south side

Customer Question

What do I have to do to make the person on my south side move his fence. It is over one foot on my property.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  walkereng replied 1 year ago.

That is generally a Civil matter.

You will need to get the property line between your houses surveyed by a licensed surveyor

Expert:  walkereng replied 1 year ago.

Have the surveyor place stakes at the property corners and place a string between the stakes to allow everyone to visualize where the property line is relative to the fence line.

If your neighbor still does not agree to move his fence, you will most likely have to take him to court.

Hope this helps.

Expert:  walkereng replied 1 year ago.

If you feel you have received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Rating button that is appropriate. Experts are credited for each adequately Rated answer they provide. If you have additional questions, please let me know. Thanks

Related Structural Engineering Questions