StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Experience:  Structural Engineer
59685895

What is the vehicle load capacity on a bridge with qty 3

Customer Question

What is the vehicle load capacity on a bridge with qty 3 I-Beams spaced 3 feet apart on a one lane bridge. Each Beam is 10" x 10" with 1/2" thickness top and bottom, center section is 3/8" thickness spanning 39' each. 4" x 12" Douglas fir blanks lay across the beams which is the surface of vehicle travel ?
About how much drop in the middle would be expected at full load ?
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 1 year ago.
Hello
I can help with this, to analyze both the decking and the beams, under a single set of conditions, but the question is significantly under priced. I would need to submit an additional service offer. Let me know if you would like to continue
I can't accept the phone cal offer or I will not be able to submit the additional service offer for the complete analysis of your bridge deck and beams
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if there's anything else you need

I am going to submit an additional service offer for you to consider to check the capacity for both the deck and the beams.